We’re recruiting an intern to support a team of students to learn some sizzling podcasting skills next semester.
You’ll be part of a team of audio lovers creating an ongoing podcast series about queer and trans stories, news, and culture from Edmonton and beyond: CJSR’s GayWire.
You’ll learn how to find a distinctive style for a podcast, interview guests, edit, use music and sound, write a script, and host a show.
This internship is part of a project to create an ongoing podcast series about queer and trans stories, news, and culture from Edmonton and beyond. The intern’s main task will be conducting interviews, hosting, and helping edit the series. This work will be conducted together with a team of volunteers (remotely). This is a 5 hour commitment per week from January – April 2020.
The internship will be supervised by CJSR Podcasting Coordinator Chris Chang-Yen Phillips, and will have opportunities for personal mentorship in audio journalism, production, and other areas of interest.
At the end of this internship, the Podcast Producer will receive a $500 honorarium.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Arts and Cultural Management
- Communication and Culture
- Radio Television and Broadcast News
Some specialized skills required:
- Educational or professional background in communications is an asset
- Experience using audio editing software (eg Logic Pro, Hindenburg, Audacity), iTunes, Word and Google Docs
- Prior experience volunteering with CJSR is an asset
- Enthusiasm, curiosity, reliability, and a strong work ethic is required
- Experience in audio recording or editing is an asset
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Research story and interviewee ideas for podcast episodes
- Guide volunteer team towards common vision of podcast aesthetics and quality
- Find guests for interviews
- Conduct interviews
- Select tape highlights
- Write scripts and record hosting for episodes
- Oversee edits conducted by volunteer team members
Apply by emailing a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 PM on December 14, 2020.