You have 30 seconds in an elevator to pitch a new show to CJSR. What’s your pitch going to be?
Whether you’re a CJSR veteran, newbie, or hard-working volunteer who’s been quietly working on the perfect show pitch, we know lots of you have great show ideas. There’s a lot that goes into a real show proposal though. So come to this month’s workshop to learn how to pitch a show to CJSR’s News Department!
CJSR News Coordinator Chris Chang-Yen Phillips will:
- Teach you how to make a demo and a show proposal
- Play samples from successful show pitches
- Introduce you to Benjamin Pop and hear how he pitched his new show This is Pop!
- Help you come up with your own idea for a one-off show pilot or real show proposal
- Offer guidance after the workshop as you bring your idea to life
The best pitches will get played on CJSR this fall, and successful show proposals will get added to the regular schedule.
This workshop is being offered twice (pick one date):
Monday, September 12 from 6-8 PM – Room 606, Students Union Building
Tuesday, September 13 from 6-8 PM – Room 606, Students Union Building
RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a solid gold idea for an ongoing show or a silly one-off idea, and want to find out how to make it.