CJSR is hiring a summer Journalism and Production Intern.
CJSR is Edmonton’s listener-supported, volunteer-powered campus and community radio station. This position will support CJSR’s essential operations as well as report on news and culture in Edmonton in Summer 2021. To ensure Covid-19 safety, this position is designed for remote work from home.
Responsibilities of this position:
- Produce original reporting on Indigenous news and culture reporting
- Produce original news stories on other topics related to Covid-19 impacts in Edmonton
- Potential to produce news programming in other languages
- Create promos, ads, and PSAs
- Create tags and intros for regular external programming
- Update existing production guide for volunteers
- Help train other volunteers in production
- Digitize albums
- Other duties as assigned
Specific duties may change depending on Covid-19-related impacts, as well as public health directives to ensure a safe working environment.
- Reliable internet access is required
- Access to laptop/desktop computer is an asset (but not required)
- Access to phone is an asset (but not required)
- Strong communicator (open, fun, and professional approach)
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, reliable with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a dynamic, hectic environment with a minimum of supervision
- Experience using Word and Google Docs
- Experience with DAW like Adobe Audition, Protools, GarageBand, Audacity, Logic Pro
- Prior experience volunteering with CJSR is an asset, but not required
- Experience working for non-profit, community organizations an asset
- 30 hours a week
- May 3, 2021 – July 23, 2021
- This position is dependent on funding from the Rupertsland Institute. Hired candidates must meet the eligibility requirements:
- Currently enrolled and returning to school or a Post -Secondary Institution in the fall
- Applicants must be Métis youth between the ages of 15-30.
- New hires will be required to register with our identified funding partners
- Please indicate how you meet these criteria in your cover letter.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us.
Application will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. This position has now been filled.
Only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted
CJSR is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, or (dis)ability.