We’re recruiting a designer to support the creation of two short original podcast series this academic year.
This internship is part of a project to create and launch two short, original, non-fiction podcast series at CJSR – Edmonton’s listener-supported, volunteer-powered campus and community radio station. The main focus of the internship will be to develop and produce content for CJSR promotional use including print and digital designs. This position will provide diverse experience producing high-profile materials in a variety of areas. The intern will develop and strengthen skills relating to event and artistic documentation, and high-profile opportunities to publish work.
This internship will support both podcast series. The term is December 2019 – April 2020, and involves a maximum 100 hour commitment. At the end of this internship, the Design Intern will receive a $1000 honorarium.
Ideal for someone with course work in:
- Digital Illustration and Comic Art
- Graphic Communications and Print Technology
- Graphic Design
- Communication and Media Studies
- Digital Communications and Media
- Visual Arts and Design
Some specialized skills required:
- Graphic design and layout experience is an asset
- Positive, enthusiastic attitude
- Motivated, flexible, committed, and have an interest in the arts and/or the non-profit industry
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Google Sheets, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
What we will accomplish at the end of the Internship:
- Develop cohesive brand identity for CJSR podcast projects
- Produce original logos for 2 podcasts
- Design promotional posters and digital ads for shows
- Produce Facebook banners and Instagram posts for shows
- Develop show banners for CJSR.com
- Develop recruitment posters for CJSR volunteers
- Other design tasks for CJSR as assigned
Apply by emailing a resume, 3 samples of graphic design work, and and cover letter to email@example.com by December 2, 2019.
This project is made possible through the generous support of the Community Radio Fund of Canada.