May 19 is Global Accessibility Awareness Day! Listen in from 7AM to 1PM as CJSR joins a national marathon of accessibility-related programming.
Access Day is an annual campus community radio initiative that highlights stories of accessibility and disability justice from within our communities.
This year, we are featuring the following stories
7AM – 11PM
- “Interview with Catherine Livingstone” by Jenny Mitchell, producer of CFRU’s Bridging the Social Distance (Guelph, Ontario)
- “(Q)ueer Crip Justice Part 1” from Gaywire (us! – Edmonton, Alberta)
- “(Q)ueer Crip Justice Part 2” from Gaywire (Edmonton, Alberta)
- “For Disability Justice” from CFRU’s Breezy Breakfast Collective (Guelph, Ontario)
12PM – 1PM
- “Blind New World” by CITR’s producer Deon Feng (Vancouver, British Colombia)
- “Interview with Andrew Fenwick” by UMFM producer Michael Elves (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
To learn more about Global Accessibility Awareness Day and check out events near you, go to https://accessibility.day/